ACCRINGTON RANGERS MAKE YOUR OWN
(Face Packs & Stuff)
All the following recipes have been tried and tested
by Accrington Rangers. The ingredients can all be purchased from Boots.
The essential oils should be used very sparyingly.
BANANA FACE PACK
A rich and nourishing face pack for dry skin.
1 egg yolk
10ml almond oil
1 ripe banana
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mash into a paste using
2. Apply the pack to your face and leave on for 10 minutes.
3. Gently remove with clean water and pat dry with a towel.
A skin-toning facial treatment, naturally rich in AHA's (alpha hydroxy
acids), suitable for all skin types.
1 small pot of plain yogurt
1. Peel the grapefruit, break the flesh into segments and remove the
seeds and pith.
2. Blend enough yogurt with the fruit to make a paste.
3. Leave the mixture for 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Apply the pack to your face and leave on for 10 minutes.
5. Gently remove with cool water, then pat dry with a clean towel.
LAVENDER AND WITCH HAZEL MASK
This face mask unblocks and tightens pores and absorbs excess sebum.
It looks like a "real" mud pack. Well worth trying.
2 tsp Fuller's Earth
2 tsp Witch Hazel
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 drops lavender essential oil
1. Mix the Fuller's Earth with the witch hazel to make a paste
2. Add the beaten egg and mix in the essential oil.
3. Apply the pack to your face and leave on for 10 minutes
4. Gently remove with cool water, then pat dry with a clean towel.
This recipe will turn your bath into a fragrant Jacuzzi.
These ingredients will make one or two bombs. They will keep for up
to 2 months in a sealed container.
80g sodium bicarbonate
15ml citric acid
10 drops essential oil of your choice
1. Mix the sodium bicarbonate and citric acid together on a plate
2. Sprinkle the sodium bicarbonate mixture with the essential oil
This powder can be sprinkled into the bath or moulded by compression
into a solid block. (We used 35mm film cases)
3. Add the powder just before you step into the bath