EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW, I LEARNED FROM BEING A GUIDE LEADER
- Blue is always an appropriate fashion statement.
- There is no such thing as junk, only future craft supplies.
- Sleeping under the stars is invigorating to the soul.
- You can survive in the wilderness with a torch and a
- Always travel with a buddy.
- Don't cry over spilled paint and don't sweat the small stuff.
- Girls like to be seen *and* heard.
- No song is too silly to sing and nobody sings off key.
- Working on a team is much easier than working alone.
- Plans gone awry can lead to the very best times.
- Responsibility, opportunity, hard work and success are all related.
- Girls really can rub two sticks together to make a fire.
- You can learn something from the tiniest Rainbow.
- Good friends are like silver and gold.
- There is no substitute for advance preparation.
- There is no such thing as failure, only a change in plans.
- You are never too old to try new things.
- Leadership is a two way street.
- Sharing knowledge is truly a path to immortality.
- Never let petty politics keep you from your mission.
- Patience really is a virtue.
- If a Guide Leader can't do it, nobody can.
- A girl's smile is worth a thousand words.
- If they are leading or succeeding, they were probably a Guide.
Adapted from "Everything I need...." by Kathy Little of GSUSA