The word "sangam" is Sanskrit for
"coming together" and is a very apt name for this
particular World Centre. Sangam is the Guides' World Centre
in Pune, India - very convenient for visiting the Taj Mahal,
Delhi and Jaipur while you're there.
Sangam has its own website - http://sangam.tajmahal.net/
- with everything you need to know if you want to pay them a
visit, but one or two things need to be noted first :
- The Sangam website has recently been redeveloped and
now includes a lot of new information, including events
as far ahead as 2004 -2005
- Progammes at Sangam all include
- a theme relevant to today's world
- Indian life and culture
- Common Links in Guiding/Girl Scouting .
- Formal events are not arranged from April to June
as these are the hottest months, but informal visitors
- International events are organised from July to March.