SAMPLE UNIT CHARTER
1. Meetings: We meet every ?
? ? ? ? ? ? during term-time, from ? ?
? ? ? ? pm in ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
2. Aim: We will aim to provide opportunities for
our members to meet new friends, share time with each other, try new
activities and pursue personal achievement. (This includes the Duke
of Edinburgh's Award scheme, Young Leaders, Guide Association Leadership
scheme, Look Wider and Queen's Guide Award scheme).
3. Membership: A new member may be enrolled when
she is happy to make her promise and the Guider believes she understands
the Guide Law and intends to keep her promise.
4. Finance: We will pay a subscription each term
to cover the cost of rent, census, the Guider's expenses and most unit
meeting activities. Trips, residentials and expensive activities may
incur extra cost. We will seek to raise funds to subsidise the purchase
of equipment and the level of subscriptions.
5. Residentials: We will offer at least one camp
and at least one holiday each year. At least one residential will be
in conjunction with ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
- 7.1. We will attend ordinary unit meetings as often as we can. If
we cannot, we will try to give apologies in advance to someone who is
- 7.2. We will try to attend fundraisers, Thinking Day and other extraordinary
unit meetings if at all possible. If we cannot we will give apologies
in advance and try to help out in some other way, perhaps by doing extra
- 7.3. We will attend Church Parade and other such occasions according
to our own personal beliefs.
- 8.1. Smoking, drinking alcohol and bad swearing during unit meetings
- 8.2. On residentials, smokers must respect the wishes of others in
deciding when and where to smoke.
- 8.3. On residentials, going to the pub or drinking off-site is unacceptable.
Drinking alcohol on-site may only be permitted if the Guider knows who
is drinking, what is being drunk, where it is being drunk and in what
quantity and gives consent. Drinking alcohol is only acceptable in moderation.
- 8.4. We will always try to tolerate others' personality, beliefs and
morals. Abuse of any kind, whether physical, verbal or emotional is
unacceptable. Bitching is not Guiding behaviour. We will abide by the
guidelines in the Safe From Harm leaflet.
- 8.5. We will not abuse the Rangers' joint email or website. We will
not make changes to the website without first consulting the other members.
We will not divulge the password to non-members.
- 8.6. We will always try to remember our Ranger promise and the Guide
- 8.7. We understand that major or persistent abuse of the behaviour
section of this charter may result in exclusion.